Adventure is out there!

The wilderness should be explored!!! :) gah! gah! rawrrr!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The end of a year that is new to me

I'm bored with fb and I've been tweeting a lot within a short time, so I turned to my blog which has been long inactive.

So much have happened this year, so many memories, the best and worst alike. I realized many things about life and about myself. I can't say that I've learned but they taught me a lot.

It's the first year that I spent in a relationship and it has made a lot of difference. Most of my happiness and headaches have much revolved in it. Overall, I'm generally happy besides I didn't really have any serious problem. I think. XD

This is the year Alex joined an org which brought to surface a part of him I never thought he has. It's a positive thing, he suddenly cared for other people. I just think it might interfere with his already delayed status in school. Inasmuch as I hate to say it, I really turn to a nagging mother because of it. At the same time I try to make a compromise sometimes so he won't be pushed so much into doing something he does not enjoy. It's a really hard task. Although he is really nice enough to be obedient, it also makes me feel guilty. I will allow him at some then I will just feel bad. That is why this act of his has been the greatest challenge this year and possibly in the coming years. It made me want to give up. I can't really agree to it unless perhaps after he graduates which might no longer make sense by then, but still...

Anyway, so apparently my life revolves around him now and it's pretty hard to do otherwise but then I enrolled myself to graduate school. One of the reasons which led me to this decision is so that I can relate with him and not just nag at him to study, study, study! It's proven sensible as I realized, I'm a worse student than he is.

I can't study much because I'm lazy and because I spend so much time with him that I'm already tired by the time I get home. This happened before he joined his current org which just aggravated my situation. He doesn't get it. He can't settle down. Why does he have to join? Argh!

I can hardly do anything about it. It would be selfish of me if I stop him, just when he sort of discovered his interest (calling? Nooooo!). Besides, he still never fails to spend time with me. Although, I still complain about it (because it makes me jealous and I can't help it T_T), compared to others I've been quite lucky. He has never failed to go to church with me every Sunday except when it's I who can't go (credit also that I try to be flexible with his time), he accompanies me to and from school even right after his class, he respects me and he tries to understand me when I hang up the phone on him when I'm irritated, when I don't want to talk about capitalism or imperialism, and when I feel like giving up.

I've not always been the kind of person to go to church, in fact I seldom did before he came along. But something about him makes me feel so blessed, even though of course there are still some shortcomings, and I can't thank God enough for it.

A year we've conquered and a new year to come, I wish we continue to learn and may we never tire in understanding and loving each other. I also wish that whatever he wishes to accomplish will also come true.

I hope political beliefs would cease to be an issue as well.

:-)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home