Betting
Last Friday, I went to the billiard house we always went to. I didn't intend to stay as long as i did. I just wanted to give my classmate his part of our report. He wasn't able to attend our Law class... because of this thing he was so busy doing. He was playing billiards. I saw tallies... numbers... i didn't quite understand what was going on. Then our friends came. They told me that the players placed a bet, more explanations on the tally etc. but I couldn't get it. The stakes went higher and higher. Aside from the game being extended and extended! He's pretty good in it but then it scared me that he might be betting a month's allowance.
He started playing at about 2:00PM and the game ended at about 9:00PM. We couldn't leave him. Maybe because the challenger is the owner of the billiard house and everyone else were on his side. There was also a scary feeling that if my classmate wins, he'll be beaten. Somehow i didn't trust the people there. Besides that's the least we could do.
Finally, the challenger gave up. He couldn't beat my classmate so he paid but only half the actual prize. Still, that was enough money to treat a group of 8 to a scrumptious feast. :)
I asked the winner himself about the tallies, the bet, etc. He said that if ever he lost it will only cost him 100bucks. He said the the amount only grew because of his winning streaks, the reason the challenger didn't want to let go of him. He even said that the guy was no match for him even if he already gets the 12th ball every serve.
Later on I've learned that he is exposed to a lot of betting where he lives. Billiards, cock fighting, BINGO... tsk! I hope though that someday he'll be a big time pool player. Haha! That would mean more treats for us... haha! Shame on me!
(ahaha! it's been a long time since I wrote an english entry... forgive the grammar, lousy choice of words and etc. ^_^)
He started playing at about 2:00PM and the game ended at about 9:00PM. We couldn't leave him. Maybe because the challenger is the owner of the billiard house and everyone else were on his side. There was also a scary feeling that if my classmate wins, he'll be beaten. Somehow i didn't trust the people there. Besides that's the least we could do.
Finally, the challenger gave up. He couldn't beat my classmate so he paid but only half the actual prize. Still, that was enough money to treat a group of 8 to a scrumptious feast. :)
I asked the winner himself about the tallies, the bet, etc. He said that if ever he lost it will only cost him 100bucks. He said the the amount only grew because of his winning streaks, the reason the challenger didn't want to let go of him. He even said that the guy was no match for him even if he already gets the 12th ball every serve.
Later on I've learned that he is exposed to a lot of betting where he lives. Billiards, cock fighting, BINGO... tsk! I hope though that someday he'll be a big time pool player. Haha! That would mean more treats for us... haha! Shame on me!
(ahaha! it's been a long time since I wrote an english entry... forgive the grammar, lousy choice of words and etc. ^_^)
2 Comments:
At Monday, February 12, 2007 at 12:47:00 AM GMT+8 ,
Anonymous said...
aww si Ronnie nga! haha
kung sana ayos lang na late din ako umuwi,.. nako ,.. sinoportahan ko rin sana siya!
hahaha
baka nakipusta pa ko! ^___^
sayagn di ako nakasama sa treat niya,..hehehe
At Monday, February 12, 2007 at 7:16:00 PM GMT+8 ,
Anonymous said...
naks.. tama.. buti at ngstay kayo.. nkakatakot nman un gnun.. at ang psway ng kaibgan mo!! hehe.. nakow..
pero asteeg! mei treat sa huli! haha.. galeng!! =)
oh yeahs.. bgla kong ntagpuan ang comments.. atleast ndi na ako mgfflad sa tagboard mo.. hehe..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home